
Since I haven't posted about Daniel's first week of Preschool - I'd better do it now. Daniel
started Preschool just after Labor Day Weekend and seems to be loving it. He is attending a new school because of the move, and while he doesn't know any of the other kids, he is thriving. They only "allow" you to drop off and pick up in the car line - no going in for Preschool. I was worried about this policy because I loved going in at our other school - socializing with the other moms, talking with the teacher each day, staying late to play on the playground with the other kids/moms. The drop off only rule does have its benefits though, no getting Laurie in and out of the car, it is very fast, and most important, Daniel goes in by himself like the big boy he is. At our last school, Daniel had clingy issues, even as late as April. Being dropped off helps him to feel he is big and can go in without Mommy. So for that reason, I am thankful.
started Preschool just after Labor Day Weekend and seems to be loving it. He is attending a new school because of the move, and while he doesn't know any of the other kids, he is thriving. They only "allow" you to drop off and pick up in the car line - no going in for Preschool. I was worried about this policy because I loved going in at our other school - socializing with the other moms, talking with the teacher each day, staying late to play on the playground with the other kids/moms. The drop off only rule does have its benefits though, no getting Laurie in and out of the car, it is very fast, and most important, Daniel goes in by himself like the big boy he is. At our last school, Daniel had clingy issues, even as late as April. Being dropped off helps him to feel he is big and can go in without Mommy. So for that reason, I am thankful.When he gets in the car after school, he talks and talks all about what he did and other little things he wants me to know. It is very cute. He is growing up so fast. When did my little boy get to be a little man? He is also enjoying time without Ashley though he is excited for her to come home and play with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment