Have I mentioned that Ashley and Daniel both made the Sharks Swim Team for Summer? After the first three weeks of practice, they had their time trials last week. Both kids did really well in my opinion, swimming freestyle and backstroke 25m across the pool. They placed closer to the bottom of the pack rather then the top, but that just gives the more room to improve. Believe it or not, but after all my worrying about Ashley swimming, she beat Daniel's time, by a lot. His time was not reflective of the way I've seen him swim, so I'm hoping for lots of improvement by the first meet in June. Oh, and both kids had better times in backstroke than freestyle, which by looking at the time sheets, that was a little backwards.I'm really happy they are out there swimming every day - yes, did I mention that we are on our 4th week of Monday thru Friday swim practice? We missed 2 practices that conflicted with dance, but Ashley's even been swimming then going straight to soccer practice on Wednesdays. And they don't practice at the same time, so in the first week, we were there for 2 hours a day, now it's down to 1 hour a day due to combining of age groups.
So after time trials, the team got split into three teams to compete. The kids are on the Red Shark Team and get fitted for their swim suits today. Talk about excited. Don't you know, Ashley is trying to accessorize her swim suit by asking for a matching swim cap. Wait till she finds out that her pink goggles clash with her red swim suit! Did you know boys don't wear speedo swimsuits any more? I'm not sure these are any better. They fit like speedos but are long like shorts. Good thing he's only 4.
Daniel is one of only 2 four year old boys on the Red Team, so this year really is setting him up to excel next year as a 5 year old but still competing in 6 & under.
Let's go Red Sharks!
No comments:
Post a Comment