This year, while on vacation in Mexico, Brian and I decided to simplify the Birthday season this year. So, with Ashley & Daniel's blessing, we planned a joint birthday party for the two of them, while still celebrating each of them on their actual birthday.
Due to it being Thanksgiving week, there was no school on Daniel's birthday. When I asked him what he wanted to do, he said, "go to the Zoo!" That's my boy! Nana joined the 4 of us at the zoo for the day, enjoying great weather and seeing lots of animals.
The week prior, I did come have lunch with Daniel at school. He really enjoyed having me in the class.
That night, Brian and I hosted our parents over to the house to celebrate Daniel's birthday. We all enjoyed a nice evening, complete with chocolate cake.
Almost 2 weeks later, the kids had their joint birthday party at Bounce U. They each were able to invite friends from school, which made for a full house at the jumpy place.
Grandmommy & Aunt Flora once again made the most wonderful cakes!
Daniel & Ashley each took a turn having "Happy Birthday" sung to them so they could blow out their candles.
To celebrate Ashley's birthday a few days later, Daniel and I had lunch with her at school. And that night, the 5 of us had dinner at Ashley's choice of restuarant - Hacienda. While we didn't make another cake (we had plenty left over at home) to celebrate, Ashley did wear a sombrero while the wait staff sung Happy Birthday to her at dinner.
Rather than being really anxious about the Birthday season this year, we found it rather enjoyable. I think our future holds more joint birthday parties, if the kids agree!
1 comment:
It's so hard to believe that someone has the patience, not to mention the talent, to make those cakes. I take my hat off to Pat and her sister Flora.
Post a Comment