It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that. (From F&F Live)
1. My husband and I are probably the last people in this country who have never been a member of a gym or frequented a gym. That changed this week. Due to my day yoga classes being canceled, I decided to go ahead and make the leap to gym membership. Its only been 2 days, but so far, I'm really enjoying it. I love how I feel when I get home and am excited to think I will see results eventually.
2. Saturday night, instead of sitting up watching nothing on tv, I worked on several blog posts for Of Sound Mind and Spirit. Three had been sitting half finished as drafts for a few weeks and I started two new posts that had been rattling in my brain. One already posted this week, and the rest will probably show up in the next week or so.
3. My best Small Success of them all was spending the weekend with Ashley, my oldest daughter. She and I spent Saturday and Sunday just the two of us. I hopefully will be blogging about it later today. My favorite part was just being with her for 36 hours or so. We went to a sorority luncheon, attended a homecoming parade, went to Starbucks, celebrated mass, with her singing in the children's choir for the first time, and had a great sushi dinner (all on Saturday). There were no interruptions and no stress. Just lots of Mom and daughter fun. I'm always amazed at how wonderful it is to spend one on one time with each of my kids. They are great, unique, individuals who I love without question.

3 comments:
I didn't realize you had only Ashley all weekend. I think I'm going to look for something I can do alone with Cameron. I haven't given her as much one on one attention in the last few weeks.
Thanks for the idea! (Sounds like another SMAS blog idea too. GRIN)
What a special weekend! It's always nice to try and get one on one time if you can. Ashley will remember fun times like this!
Great job on all your success! I love this idea. And I know you will love the gym...it's a great way to get the stress out of your body!
Your mom gave me the link to your blog. I think it's awesome that you are doing a gratitude list. That's something that I do often to keep me from going insane! I've found that I have so many more things to be grateful for that outweigh any other worries, and it reminds me that life is good! God bless.
Love, Ben
Post a Comment