Ashley's 2nd grade took a field trip this year to the Houston Arboretum in Memorial Park. I will admit to not know this park existed before our trip, but we loved it. I was amazed at what a great job they've done preserving this piece of wilderness in the middle of Houston. The volunteers were all very knowledgeable and helpful with the children. Ashley and I plan to return with Daniel & Laurie this Summer and bring friends.
During the nature walk, we encountered many things...
Poison Ivy
Many many snakes, turtles and even an owl.
The big surprise of the day had to be...
the poisonous Coral Snake up against the building.
The volunteers kept all us humans at bay to protect the snake. It did unnerve several of the adults considering this was where we would be sitting to eat in an hour or so.
This was a great field trip, probably one of my favorites. We learned lots of new things and discovered a new place to frequent.
It is always interesting to see your child interact with their friends and teachers. I don't know why, but I'm always a little surprised to see how independent she is even with her peers. And, after watching Ashley's teacher with the 7 girls and 13 boys in her class - I have a new respect for her. She was amazing with them. No wonder Ashley loves her so much.

No comments:
Post a Comment