I grew up going to the Houston Italian Festival with my parents every year. This year, while Brian and Daniel were at the ranch for the weekend, I took the girls to their first Italian Festival with my parents. We started out by eating delicious pasta and pizza. Mom, Dad and I shared a bottle of Italian vino, while the girls loved drinking sparkling Italian lemonade.
After we finished eating, the girls went up on stage to dance with the Italian Tarantella Dancers from Galveston. It was very cute watching them spin to the music. (They are in the red)

We did a little of everything at the festival - shopping, candle making, eating dessert, enjoying music and even a little mechanical bull riding. Both girls took a turn on the bull. It was a hoot watching them try to stay on and then eventually slide off onto the mat.
It was nice to introduce my girls to their Italian heritage and share a slice of my childhood with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment