It is with great sadness that I note the passing of my kitty cat, Fuzzy. At almost 19 years old, it was his time to leave us.

Fuzzy 1998
Fuzz was born June 1988 in Tulsa. My Dad and I brought Fuzzy home in August 1988, my first day of 10th grade at Jenks HS. I think he was a gift for me by my parents because I had been so upset over our leaving Houston and moving to Tulsa. My mom named him Fuzzball because that's what she said he looked like. We shortened it to Fuzzy or Fuzz over the years. He was a very energetic cat who was always getting in trouble. That first Christmas, he climbed our live Christmas tree. It fell over and made a mess everywhere. Fuzzy loved to hide behind furniture and pounce on you when you were unfortunate enough to walk by him. All of us always had scratches on our arms or legs from his antics. His favorite place to sleep was between your comforter and sheets, so you would sit on him in the bed accidently.
His absolutely favorite food was spagettios, with Wolf brand Chili being a very close second. Fuzz was very cute with orange spagettios stain on his head and neck when got done with the can.
There were several years in Plano, when he became an outside cat, where he constantly got in scraps with other neighborhood cats. My mom would tenderly care for his many cuts and gashes that left scars on his head. He also had these giant battles with the mockingbirds. He would sit in the yard watching them, attempt to pounce, while they dive bombed him. Pecking his head. Eventually, he would get them. Proudly leaving his trophy, the dead mockingbird, on the back porch.
Lisa & Fuzzy 1988
In the last few years, he lived with my parents where my Granny Merr adopted him. She loved to sit with him on the porch swing watching the birds. He no longer brought "gifts" to the back porch or got in fights with the other cats, but you could see it in his eyes - he wanted to be out there chasing those birds. He will greatly be missed.
1 comment:
Damn it you made me cry.
I liked what you wrote. I hadn't thought about some of it in a while. Though I can never open a can of Chili without thinking of Fuzzy licking the inside of the can, getting chili on his nose and ears.
Post a Comment