Last Saturday, Ashley played her last soccer game of the season and had her first Ballet Recital.

It was Ashley's best game! She was aggressive with the ball, had several shots on goal and scored once. It was too bad she had to leave at halftime for the dance recital. Or, maybe she played so well because she knew she was only playing half the game? At half, we rushed over to the Performing Arts Center for her stage call.

I got her dressed, did her makeup and then had to leave her backstage to go sit in the audience. She was very happy to sit and color with the other girls while they waiting their turn, but I was very hesitant to leave her back there. It's like I wanted to experience the excitement with her or at least see her experience it.
Even though her dance was only 2 minutes long, she was beautiful! I have to say that I teared up watching her. Thoughts of my own dance recitals as a child played through my mind as I watched her - hoping she would love performing as much as I did growing up. We were all so proud of her.
If you weren't able to come to the recital, expect an invitation this summer for our DVD viewing party. Ashley has announced she will wear her costume for you and perform it all over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment