I had the pleasure of attending a reception for my newly elected Congressman - Pete Olsen a few weeks ago. I have to say, after this long political season, then attending this reception really re-sparked my interest in politics. I know, you're thinking - there wasn't a spark before? If that was no spark, what in the world will I be like with a spark? I know that I'm a political junkie. But usually that is restricted to discussing with my family and a few friends and reading and writing on the internet. It's been many years since I'd been to a political event and talked with activist type people. It was very interesting and exciting to be in a room with people who were interested in the same type of politics I am.After meeting our new Congressman, I am hopeful that he will be a strong needed Conservative for our district. He appears to be a good addition to the Houston area and Texas Delegation, which I think will be a very strong, influential delegation in the new Congress.

After the political event, we picked up the kids and went for sushi dinner. While the kids had already eaten dinner, Laurie and Daniel had a great time trying to eat their sushi rolls with chopsticks. Ashley had a great time with her chopsticks also, but it involved picking up lemon wedges.
2 comments:
You know, you could totally put together your own political blog. I think you have such a passionate belief that could reach others.
Meeting Pete Olson and his wife was wonderful; the house where the reception was held was gorgeous; watching Daniel and esp Laurie use their chopsticks was priceless.
Post a Comment