It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that. (From Faith & Family Live)
1. I created a meal plan with Brian for the week and followed it with no problems. It was great not to worry about what to fix for dinner at 5 p.m. this first week back to school for the kids. It's not just that dinner was planned, but we actually made good dinners. The favorites of the week were Brian's excellent Sweet and Sour Chicken with rice and my very tasty Chicken and Dumplings from tonight.
2. After a hiatus for the holiday break, I returned to the gym this week. One day of running/walking on the treadmill and today I attended a body sculpting class for the first time. It was not what I expected, but I enjoyed it. While it was tough class to me, and my body is already hurting, I really want to go back and do it again. Just not tomorrow.
3. Friends of ours invited us over for their 3rd Annual Penguin Swim Party on New Year's Day. Brian and I brought swim suits only to sit in the hot tub, or so we thought. We said there was no way we'd jump in an unheated pool when it is 50 degrees outside. What can I say, our friends are pretty persuasive. Even after we agreed to do it, we started having cold feet. Our friend helped us both into the water - I was thrown in and Brian pushed. It was shockingly cold (water was 54 degrees) and I couldn't get out of the pool fast enough. The reward of sitting in the hot tub on a cool day laughing with friends made it all worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment