While working out in the yard yesterday, we realized while we were sweating that the pool has probably been getting warm also. The weather has been around 80 degrees with lots of sunshine. So, I agreed to let the kids try out the pool for the first time this year. We don't have a pool heater or even a thermometer, so I have no idea the temperature of the pool. But, when I dipped my feet in, they didn't freeze. So, why not? It's a sunny day. They were all gung-ho!
And like a good mom, I was there with the video camera to capture their screams.
Birdie was the first to come inside after only 10 minutes in the water. Daniel lasted about 20 minutes and I had to drag Ashley out after 30 minutes. She loved every minute of it. We are expecting temps over 80 degrees every day this week, so next weekend should be even better to get in the water. Not warm enough for grown ups, but the kids will enjoy it.
It's definitely Spring!
**Update** I purchased a pool thermometer and the water is sitting at 75 degrees. Burrr...
No comments:
Post a Comment