Thursday, March 22, 2007

House for Sale!

(This first part was written last week)
We signed the paperwork last night to list our house for sale. We have been working very hard for the last two weeks to get the house ready to list and think it has paid off. The house looks great. I walked around today taking pictures for us. It gave me a few minutes to reflect on this great house of ours. After only being married for about 6 months, we signed the paperwork and put down money on our lot in Spring of 1999. Despite our doubts that the house would be ready on time, Perry surprised us and we closed on July 1, 1999. Almost 8 wonderful years here.









We've had three babies, worked in the yard, bought our first furniture and even tried to move away in 2000. It was emotional for me to touch up the paint on Ashley's red wall. It reminded me of Brian really wanting to be bold and paint that wall red. It was all his idea, but we picked out the color and did it together. I think it was our first painting project together in the house. That red wall has always been special to me.








It is our first house. What could be more sentimental than that? We bought our furniture to go with this house - picked out all the curtains, colors for the walls, plants in the yard and had our 3 babies here. And yet, for all the nostalgia, there is a big part of me that knows it is time to move on. To see what our next house will be... to create new memories as our kids get older. Our house goes on MLS tomorrow (Wednesday) so it will be available for people to come look at it. I'm anxious and excited all at the same time.



We haven't let ourselves go look at houses yet (just internet surfing), so as not to get our hopes up. The kids are really really excited to move. Very surprising! They want a house with a staircase! It's funny. I packed up most of their toys to get the house ready to sell. Ashley actually helped me pack up her stuff. I told her to pick a few dress up dresses and Barbie dolls to leave out to play with and she kept refusing. When I pushed her, she finally only left out the ones she never plays with anymore. Confused, I asked her about it. She replied that she didn't want any of her toys to be left at this house. She wanted everything to be packed up to go with her to the new house. After I finished smiling, I explained that a) we weren't going anywhere yet, and b) all of her stuff, everything in the whole house would go with us when we finally move. Daniel doesn't really get it. He just keeps asking me when we are going to the new house. And if we can move into Hannah and Ethan's house across the street. To which I try to explain that they already live there. And we aren't moving across the street.

















**********************

I started the above post last week before I discovered my problems with blogger. In the last week, we have had lots of fun keeping the house clean and picked up. We've had a couple of showings with good feedback. I actually now spend the majority of my day just walking around picking up and cleaning the house. Hopefully, we will relax about a possible showing and not be on the edge of our seats when the phone rings. The other night, Brian was working late, I had all 3 in the bathtub and the dinner dishes still on the counter and sink when the phone rang. My body was panic striken until I saw the caller id was my mom.

Below are the pictures of the house the realtor took and put on HAR.com. These pictures on the blog are ones I've taken. In the last week, our yard and trees have really greened up and flowers blooming. I need to take new pictures of outside.

Keep your fingers crossed that the weather is beautiful this weekend and lots of people want to see our house.







To see the realtor's pictures of the house...

http://search.har.com/engine/harphotogallery.cfm?MLNUM=3756974









No comments: