Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Bad Start to a Busy Week


It's moving week for the Jones'. The time has finally come for us to start a new adventure at a new house. We are all excited and anxious about it. We close on both Wed, the movers come Thurs to load the house and Friday they will unload at the new place. In the midst of all this, the kids have preschool 3 days a week, swim lessons everyday in the afternoon, and soccer & dance for Ashley. What fun!

So, what would make this great week even more fun you say? How about a sick child? Yep, Ashley woke up about midnight Sunday night (how do they know you just turned off your light?) complaining of her ear hurting. Ok, let me rephrase "complain". She was crying. I gave her Tylenol, but there's not much else to do for a hurting ear. She sat up crying most of the night. I let her watch tv in my bed to distract her from 1-2:30 am while I tryed to doze next to her (Brian got sent to the guest room). But we didn't really fall asleep with no crying until 5 am or so. Then we were up by 7. We were at the Dr. by 9 am. (Brian was great and took Daniel to preschool) since she also started running a fever in the morning. I was really disappointed we had to go to the Dr for two reasons, one - the obvious, two - Ashley hasn't had a sick vist to the Dr. in a year and a half. It has been so nice. Well, it was an ear infection. Antibiotics and we were on our way.

I'm upset about the ears because the tube just fell out of that ear (her left) two months ago, and now, its already infected. The right ear still has the tube - going on 2 years in June. Ashley has had so many ear issues over the years, but since the tubes, tonsils & adenoids out in Summer 05, she has been healthy as a horse.
Now, here's the funny part. I went to bed before the kids did tonight. About 7:30 or so, I lost my temper with the kids so I left the room and came and laid down in bed. Fell asleep with my clothes on. I was really that tired. But here's the kicker. I woke up at 11 pm. and now can't get back to sleep.
The good news - the packing is almost finished. Mom is going to come over in the morning to help me finish and start cleaning. Only a couple of more days here.

1 comment:

Shelly Kelly said...

I can't believe that the last time I saw your house was for the "work-party" when I did the touch-up painting for you. And now I won't see it again. I'll have to find your new house. You and Leah will be so close!!!