Sunday, February 15, 2009

Doctor, Doctor - Give Me the News...

So, after my post below about Ashley, Brian and I all having Strep and loving the CVS clinic, you would think we were out of the woods for illness. Not so fast. Sunday, 2 days after Brian and I got sick, Birdie started throwing up. Luckily, our pediatrician called in antibiotics for her to treat Strep. Then, that afternoon, I noticed Ashley was running a fever of 101. Huh? She hadn't run a fever with Strep for 8 days and now she has one while on antibiotics.
Monday morning, it was back to see Dr. D. Her diagnosis - Strain A of the Flu. Yikes! After 2 weeks of illness in the house, that was the last thing I was hoping for. She gave her Tamiflu and I came home trying to find a way to keep Ashley's germs from infecting the rest of us. It was going well till Daniel popped up with a fever on Wednesday afternoon. Thursday morning Ashley was back at school, and it was back to Dr. D for Daniel and I. Since he hadn't gotten Strep, they wanted to test him for both Strep and Flu, he was positive for Flu. Wow. Thursday was a rough day for us. We'd gotten Ashley back to school after missing 10 days in less than 3 weeks and now we had another kid sick with the flu. I hate to admit that 3 weeks of sick kids and family really put me in a bad funk. I was feeling better from having strep, but had difficulty dealing with so much upheavel and sickness in our house.


I am happy to say that Brian sent me out for an afternoon by myself Saturday and we had a great family day today that has made a huge difference. So, as of Sunday night, there are still 4 of us on medication, BUT, no one is showing any symptoms or signs of illness. Say a little prayer that we have broken this cycle of sick in our house.

No comments: