Thursday, July 09, 2009

Still more Sickness!


After my previous post, Summer of Sickness, I really was thinking we were out of the woods for illness this Summer. Well, I spoke too soon. We woke up the next day with Ashley throwing up. I debated calling Dr. D for a few hours, then finally gave in and called. You know you're in trouble when the nurse answering the phone remembers your kids have a problem with strep and have you come in off schedule for a rapid strep test. Quickly, we threw clothes on (yes, it was 11 a.m. and we were still in our pj's) and ran up to the Dr. After a quick test, it was strep again!

As I was discussing our misfortune with the nurse, a lightbulb went off in my head. I don't know if I was diligent about throwing away or sterilizing toothbrushes during Ashley's last two bouts with strep this Summer. Uh Oh! Wow, do I feel stupid. But, that might be a really simple fix versus the alternatie to Ashley having a low immunity or something really wrong with her.

So, I came home and rounded up ALL the toothbrushes. And as you can see from the picture above, we have way too many toothbrushes in our house for just 5 people. No sterilizing this time around, they all went into the garbage. Next, I'm tackling washing all the sheets, and cleaning doorknobs and lightswitches. I'm going to lick this sickness bug before Summer is over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, we are a strep family too! Very smart idea to dump the toothbrushes. We have too many for five people also. Connor & Caleb carry them around the house and lose them, lol... Hope everybody feels better soon.