Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy!

The kids could not WAIT to wish Daddy a Happy Birthday yesterday.  Brian told me that he got up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water.  While standing in the kitchen at 3:30 a.m. he noticed Ashley's overhead light was on, so he went up to turn it off.  Talk about a surprise - he found her sitting up in bed, fully clothed, reading a book.  She told him she was up and waiting to wish him a Happy Birthday.  While thanking her, he made her put her pajamas back on and go back to sleep for another 3 hours.

As I came out into the family room yesterday morning to get them all moving for breakfast I realized it was strangely quiet upstairs.  Usually they get up a little earlier than necessary just so they can play together before I make them come eat.  Then, I heard a noise from behind the couch.  Ashley popped up and said, "we want to surprise Daddy!"  Two more messy heads pop up next to her giggling.  

I loudly called for Brian to come help me "open something" in the kitchen so he would come out of the bedroom where he was getting ready for work.  He was very surprised at the excited "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" that was shouted at him so early in the morning.  But I think it made his day.  The kids and I sang Happy Birthday to him over waffles and made plans where we would take him for dinner.  

Over dinner at Pappadeaux, the kids gave Brian their handmade birthday cards and enjoyed fried shrimp.  Well, Daniel ate his fried shrimp, and Ashley's and 1 of Birdies, plus bread and some of my bisque.  Do you think he's growing?  I should take pictures of the kids' birthday cards because they really were creative and cute.  My kids do love their crafting!  We had a lovely dinner with plenty of leftovers for later.  

We came home and ate the cupcakes the kids and I had made earlier in the day.  I think we even sang Happy Birthday again!  It was such a good day and a great birthday for Brian. 

No comments: