Sunday, March 07, 2010

Soccer Season is Upon Us

It is time for Spring Soccer once again.  Daniel played in his first game of the season this weekend with mostly the same team from the Fall, plus a few new players.  


He had a great time out there on that field.  It's like he hadn't taken off the last 3 months at all.  But doesn't he look tons older in this picture?  He has grown up on me overnight. 

Right after half, a kid on the other team stepped on Daniel's fingers when Daniel fell down.  Thankfully nothing was broken!  (What can I say - I'm a little paranoid now after him breaking his elbow last year in soccer and Ashley breaking her ankle in the Fall.) While we were talking him into shaking it off, I told him what would really make him feel better would be to go out and score a goal on the other team.   I didn't think he heard me in between his tears, but what do you know... he went out and scored!  And then he scored again!  And again!  Three times in a row!  You've never seen a happier boy.  He was quite proud of himself. And no, he didn't mention the finger again.



Daniel ended the game with 5 goals in all.  It was a great game to start the season.  It's too bad that he must wait another 3 weeks for the next game after Spring Break.  But don't worry, I'm sure he will be ready to play.

No comments: