We've been having trouble getting up this week on time. Well, Brian and I are having trouble and since I wake up Ashley for school, so has she. Yesterday, she reprimanded me for waking her up only 20 minutes before her ride came to get her. - Yes, I'm a bad mommy. - So we made a deal. If I set her alarm and she woke up before me, she would get a treat this morning. After whining about how she didn't want to wake up to an alarm, she finally agreed.
This morning I woke up on time and went upstairs to wake Ashley up before her alarm because I was worried she wouldn't be able to turn it off and would wake Laurie up also. As I got to the top of the stairs I noticed Ashley's light was on. So I crept slowly up and peeked over the top of the landing to see in her room. She was sitting on the floor getting her clothes on. Wow! It usually takes me 10 minutes to wake her up and get her to get dressed. So I quietly ran back downstairs and jumped into bed so she could "wake" me up.
When she came in a few minutes later to wake us up, we gave her lots of praise and kudos for not only waking up, but getting completely dressed also. She was so proud of herself and said she loved waking up by herself.
After she ate her breakfast, brushed hair and teeth, she still had 20 minutes before her ride came. So, what was her treat you ask? She got to play WebKinz this morning while waiting for her ride. A treat she really loved.
I know that this won't work for long and the excitment for her will wear off. But for now, I'm really happy and excited for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment